Home » Resume and Cover Letter

Resume and Cover Letter

Sakib Amin

New York, NY 11418

February 28, 2019

Hiring Manager of Birchbox

Birchbox

28 East 28th Street

New York, NY 10016

Dear Hiring Manager,

My name is Sakib Amin and I am currently a freshmen student at the City College of New York working towards a degree in computer science. I recently saw an internship opportunity by your company on indeed.com and I believe that I am the perfect candidate. I am able to code in multiple coding languages, I work well in a group environment, I am highly reliable and willing to work hard to complete whatever task at hand.  

On the indeed page it says you are looking for someone that will evolve your software and systems and I believe I can perform that task. I am proficient in Java, C++, and Python because I have taken multiple computer science classes and worked on several programs on my own time to master these languages. I also have experience in configuring hardware to build a complete system. I worked for a program called NASA MAA: K6-12 STEM Education Project I assisted children with the help of others to do basic programing with robots. From this situation I learned to communicate with others and work together. I can use these same skills to work in an environment with other brilliant engineers. I believe that I will be able to help and assist in personalizing the experience of each customer because of my reliability and my drive to work hard.

Attached to this letter I have also included a resume which provides more information on my experiences, education, and skills. I would highly appreciate the opportunity to meet you face to face to discuss my potential future under your company. You can contact me by messages or calling 347-445-7013 or emailing me at aminsakib360@gmail.com. Thank you for your time and hope to hear back.

Sincerely

Sakib Amin

Sakib Amin

New York, NY, 11418 | 3474457013 | aminsakib360@gmail.com

Branding Statement

First year student at The City College of New York studying to achieve a degree in Computer Science with experience with C++, Python, and Java programing. Developed communication skills to be able to work in a group environment and work on projects. 

Education

Fall 2018-Present Majoring in Computer Science, New York, NY, The City College of New York Relevant Coursework: Introduction to Computer Programing GPA: 3.5  
Fall 2014 – Summer 2018 High School Diploma, New York, NY, Queens High School for the Sciences at York College Relevant Coursework: Introduction to Computing, Robotics Team, AP Statistics GPA: 3.5

Experiences

June 2017-August 2017 Teacher Assistant, NASA MAA: K6-12 STEM Education Project Assisted in developing students in the fields of math and science. Educated students and advised them on how to program robots in order to complete certain tasks.

Skills and Qualities

Computer Languages (C++, Java, Python) Microsoft Office Building Personal Computers